About the flu jab
The flu vaccination is a really efficient and convenient way of protecting yourself and others from the flu this winter.
You can get your annual flu jab at our surgery quickly, easily and for free under the NHS if you are eligible. Please see below for further information about this including eligibility:
• Flu vaccines this year will be given by appointment only to patients eligible. Please do not come to the surgery without an appointment. We are awaiting further instruction from the government regarding the extended programme for 50-64 year olds which is not expected to commence before November.
• We ask that patients do not arrive more than 5 minutes before their given appointment time, to limit the numbers of patients in the building. Please come alone if you can, or with one carer if needed.
• Please be prepared to wait outside the centre until you are called in. Please wear a short sleeved top underneath any outer clothing so that the clinician has easy access to your upper arm to administer the vaccine. Coats and outer layers should be removed before entering the clinical room. A face covering must be worn at all times within the practice unless you are exempt from wearing one.
• The person giving you your vaccine will be wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). This will be a mask and possibly gloves, an apron, visor or goggles. This is based on current guidance for vaccination clinics. The clinician will also wipe down any chair or surfaces that have been in contact with patients.
• If you are attending the surgery for another reason we may be able to give you your flu vaccine at that time if a clinician is available. If you are coming to see us please do ask if you can have your vaccine!
• Please do not attend if you have symptoms of COVID-19, or have had contact with a suspected/confirmed case.
Patients aged 65 and over:
You are eligible for the flu vaccine this year (2020-21) if you are aged 65 or over, including those who turn 65 years old on or before 31st March 2021.
Booking an appointment:
We recommend getting your flu jab in the autumn, from early September – November.